$ sudo apt-get install etckeeper # Modify VCS to `git` (not necessary on Debian, AFAICS) $ sudo vi /etc/etckeeper/etckeeper.conf $ cd /etc $ sudo git log # Should show "...blah blah blah ... Initial Commit" # On Ubuntu, might need to explicitly run `sudo git commit -a -m 'Initial commit` # Fully integrated with APT $ sudo git log # will show something like "... committing changes in /etc after apt run ..."
Other than that, not much else. Busy with a new baby daughter (!)5, trying to read less “news and blogs”6, pretending to read a book on NLP7, and having a “brand new linux box” experience with a VM in Google Cloud.
Have a happy new year, everyone.
- http://agam.github.io/blog/2014/12/14/trying-out-freebsd-and-failing-at-it/ [return]
- https://www.debian.org/ [return]
- https://wiki.debian.org/WhyDebian [return]
- https://gist.github.com/agam/2cda8597966f49a04e07 [return]
- https://plus.google.com/108609219349604504501/posts/1CVG1iFTtXe [return]
- http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/apr/12/news-is-bad-rolf-dobelli [return]
- http://nlp.stanford.edu/fsnlp/ [return]